badge

Monday 1 February 2016

My 1st poetry book...Releasing on Valentine's

My relationship with poetry began when I was eight years old. I have memories of writing poems on sheets of paper and using my Dad's stapler to make it look like a book. I used to also sketch something on the first page and write "A collection of poems by Purba" on top of it.

So, I guess I had this dream of authoring a poetry book since I was eight. I have authored 2 novels till date Walking in the streets of Love and Destiny (2012) and The Hidden Letters (2014). I have also contributed my poems in various anthologies. However, I was a bit hesitant to release my solo poetry book because of various reasons.

Honestly, my blog played a huge role in making my decision firm to work on a poetry collection. It helped me polish the art of writing poetry and also rekindled my intense feelings for poetry. 

Here, I must also mention the talented poets that I came across Poets United, a community for poets who blog. Their constant encouragement and honest feedback had helped me a lot. Had I not come across Poets United, perhaps I would have been happy being just a contributing poet to anthologies.

So, finally, after 2 months of hard work, I am ready with my 1st poetry book. It's titled ~


The Heart Listens To No One
...it hums its own song...

It is a collection of 35 love poems. The poetry collection is divided into the following 5 sections, representing the 5 aspects of love~

Unconditional Love
Longing
Romance
Fond Reminisces
Separation

The Kindle Edition of the book will be available for download on Valentine's. I am also looking forward to release the book in paperback. If things go right, then may be the print version will be available by April. 

Will soon share the ordering links.

And here is the cover of my 1st poetry book. Hope you all like it.



Indian Bloggers

58 comments:

  1. amazing news... very happy for you dearie... good luck and god bless :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear. Your wishes mean a lot <3

      Delete
  2. That's wonderful! So, third book in a row, that's a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations! Love the cover and more power to you girl. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Means a lot, Saru. Thank you so much for the support <3

      Delete
  4. Many Many congratulations Pruba :) my best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Purba! It's going to turn out awesome, I know! All the very best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so generous of you, Rakesh.
      Many thanks for your support :)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations Purba, may it be a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome. Congrats Purba :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, Purba! The Title itself is a stunning prologue:) and the cover looks smashing:) Hearty congrats and best wishes for a roaring success! God bless..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sir. Such words from you are a huge encouragement :)

      Delete
  9. Wow! I see a dream coming true. Yay for that.
    I'm so happy for you Purba. Congratulations and all the very best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww...thank you so much dear for being so supportive and for your wonderful wishes <3

      Delete
  10. That is awesome! Wish you a grand success on this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great, Heartiest Congratulations Purba. Wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratz, Purba! The cover seems fantastic. I'm very well acquainted with your talent and poetic skill and on its basis, can say confidently that it's going to be a great work. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so kind and generous of you, Ravish.
      I hope I can get this book reviewed by you. Thank you so much for the kind wishes :)

      Delete
    2. Sure, Purba. Thanks for the honour. :)

      Delete
  13. Hearty congrats dearie.
    i wish all the success for your book.
    love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so happy for you kiddo. It feels so nice seeing your success and progress. The cover looks amazing and I'm sure your poetry must be more than awesome. God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ma'am. Your words are always so encouraging and beautiful. They motivate me always. Great to see you here. I am so happy you liked the cover :)

      Delete
  16. So happy for you dear! And the cover looks amazing! Wish you all the love and much more success <3 Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetie for the lovely bouquet of wishes. Hugs <3

      Delete
  17. Best wishes and may this be a launch pad for many more successes Purba!

    ReplyDelete
  18. COngratulationsssssssssss and Well done ...

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's wonderful, Purba. Many congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations and best wishes Purba!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's Good News, Purba.. Many, many Congratulations and Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)