badge

Monday 2 February 2015

Soulmates and Twinflames



Being a deeply spiritual person, I believe that I don’t have a soul; I am a soul which has a body. In every life, I had got many companions. They are my soul companions and whenever I have met an old companion in this life, I have felt a deep connection with him or her.

A soul mate or a soul companion is never restricted to lovers. A soul mate can be a husband or wife, a parent, a child, a best friend or a sibling…someone with whom you feel a profound connection and who understands you well. You never have to try too hard to make yourself understand when you are with a soul companion. He or she can grasp your words even when you are silent.

Source: Google Images


I feel my Dad is my soul companion. Despite our natures being so different, he understands me completely. Whenever I talk with him over a cup of coffee, I gather so much strength. I feel that he knows me since ages. The same way I feel for my best friend, Priyam. I met her in class eight and on the first day of school, I saw a certain light in her eyes. She is so much different from me but she understands me so much. Even when we don’t talk for weeks and months , it doesn’t feel a gap has been created between us. We always tell each other that we have been sisters in some life. I can be totally myself with her.

Source: Google Images
 

Now, let’s talk about the romantic meaning of soul mates. 

“But how will I know who my Soul mate is?”
“By taking risks,” she said to Brida. “By risking failure, disappointment, disillusion, but never ceasing in your search for Love. As long as you keep looking, you will triumph in the end.”~Paulo Coelho (Brida)

More precisely, the soul mate who has been our spiritual counterpart since ages is known as the twin flame. A twin flame is not a companion who you have met in some life-time; he or she is the other half of your soul. 

“He is more myself that I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are made of the same.”~ Emily Bronte (Wuthering Heights)

It totally depends on one’s karma, destiny and luck to meet one’s twin soul in a life-time. Throughout our life, we get many dreams or fantasies about that person who is exclusively made for us.

The first meeting of twin souls generally happens in unusual circumstances and events. Both of them can sense an uncanny feeling of familiarity the moment they meet each other. The feeling is so uncanny that they cannot put it into words. Twin souls can look into each other’s eyes for hours, without realizing how the minutes are flying by. No relationship can be deeper than the one that exists between twin souls.



For more information on twin souls, you can read http://www.twinflamesoulmates.com/twin-flame-signs.html



I completely believe in both the term “soul mates” and “twin flames”. Destiny definitely brings them in our life but how we deal with them depends totally on us.

The moment I chanced upon you,
I cognized my quest has ended
The surreal imageries occupying my psyche
Are no longer an illusory mirage.

The fervency of your silent gaze,
Pierced through my heart
The ethereal words you whispered
Put my soul on a graceful motion.

Perceiving myself through your eyes,
I could unveil my camouflaged facets
Like a mirror you stood
Honoring my reflection and rumination.

Hand in hand, we meandered around
Like two birds with one wing each;
The journey we embarked on
Seems to be a beautiful Arcadia.

You are my spiritual counterpart
We are two peas in a pod
Our love, eternal and imperishable
And the soul tale goes on and on.

 Source: Google Images

This post is written as a part of Indispire at Indiblogger.

15 comments:

  1. "I am a soul which has a body." ..I just loved this line... :-)

    Nicely written Purba :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for suggesting this topic for the latest edition of Indispire :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Sachin for reading and liking all my posts :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful post...I always get lost in your poems. I feel our hearts always know where we should go, just following our hearts is enough. :-) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Gaurab but often we ignore that inner voice and suppress it by our rational side. Thank you so much for loving my poems :) :D

      Delete
  5. “But how will I know who my Soul mate is?”
    “By taking risks,” she said to Brida. “By risking failure, disappointment, disillusion, but never ceasing in your search for Love. As long as you keep looking, you will triumph in the end.”~Paulo Coelho (Brida)
    Great take on the idea, Purba :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article. Chanced upon your awesome blog today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ranajay :)
      Welcome to my blog.

      Delete
  7. Beautifully written and very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)
      A warm welcome to my blog.

      Delete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)